Thursday, August 13, 2009

After School Care

(Posted By Grant)

I am a father of an 8 year old boy. I found out 2 weeks ago his after school care program is moving and his school will not service the new location.

Do any of you have suggestions for after school programs in the city? Is there a nanny share service or agency that will transport children from school to after school? I work full time and single so I do not have a partner that can transport him during the day and my schedule is not flexible.

He currently goes to public school at Alvarado.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 comment:

Mama T said...

Wow, It's amazing to me that this kind of stuff happens. I know how hard it is to find a good after school program and that definitely enters into peoples decisions in choosing a school.

I used to go to Douglas Playground in the afternoons and know that there is an afterschool program there run by parks and rec. I'm not sure how the kids got there though and I don't know if there are any open spaces. I'll bet that a lot of parents are scrambling like you are and maybe a group could get together to arrange for transport to another site.
I wish you luck.

terri